The drive north from Victoria takes about three hours along the Inland Highway. Nanaimo (and the Mainland ferry) is about 100km to the south.
There are regular bus-services to the area from towns and cities on Vancouver Island and beyond, and also up the mountain itself throughout the winter season.
The regional airport is at CFB Comox, about 30 minutes away by bus or taxi. There is another airport at Campbell River City and in Nanaimo, about an hour to the south.
There are regular bus services to Mount Washington Alpine Resort throughout the ski season from Courtenay, the closest city located at the base of the mountain.
The red line on the map shows the approximate route through the valley and up the mountain. It is well signposted all the way. Or drive the Inland Island Highway which bypasses Courtenay completely. Strathcona Parkway, which climbs up to Mount Washington Alpine Resort, is paved for its full length of 18km.
1005 Strata Way, Unit #57
Mount Washington Alpine Village, BC
GPS: 49 degrees 44’25” N -125 degrees 18’27″W
- Drive BC for information on current highway conditions
- BC Ferries for one option to travel from the Mainland to Vancouver Island
- Mount Washington Ski Bus bus service directly to Mt Washington
- Gray Line Bus Services serving Victoria and Vancouver Island
- Mt Washington Alpine Resort