To confirm a booking, we require full payment immediately after your booking of nights, number of people, and unit. We accept cash, money order, e-transfer or cheque. If you reside in Victoria, you can hand deliver the rental fee or if elsewhere, full payment must be received prior to start of booking.
Please make cheques payable to Edward Haughton.
We do not accept post-dated cheques or credit cards. If you do not live in Canada, a money order in Canadian dollars is required.
We are not responsible for events that are out of our control. For example, the weather or snow conditions on the roads or parking lots. However, we refund at our discretion, and our policy is:
- If the Resort is open for skiing, the following applies:
- If you book and then cancel 60 or more days before the first rental night, there is a full refund.
- If the booking is within a 60 day period preceding the first rental night, there is a refund for cancellation if we can rebook.
- If the Resort is not open on any of the days following a rental night, the renter has two choices:
- Occupy the rental accommodation at summer rates for those nights, or
- Not occupy the rental unit and receive a refund, but only for those days when the resort is not open.
In the event of its being impossible for us to honour a booking, a full refund of all money paid will constitute a full and final settlement.
Rates: All rates are quoted per unit, per night based on the occupancy as indicated in this website. All rates are subject to change.
Booking Policies: Renters under the age of 19 must be accompanied by an adult who must occupy the unit for the duration of the stay. A renter that makes a reservation under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of the security deposit, and/or the party will not be permitted to check-in or the party will be required to vacate the rented unit.
Payments & Deposits:
- Full payment is due within 1 week of booking. We reserve the right to cancel a booking when payment is not received after a week.
- Booking made more than 60 days before the night of arrival requires a deposit of 50% of the total. The balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- A security deposit made out on a separate cheque is required from all new renters.
Security Deposit: All units are non-smoking. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a $300 CAD deep cleaning charge to pay for smoke cleaning. We may recover costs caused by but not limited to lack of cleaning, unit damage, interference with other renters, etc.
General Information: No smoking inside and no pets. All units require housekeeping by the tenant. Clean, dry, and return all linens. Fold bed linens at the bottom of the bed. Return kitchen and bath linens to drawers. We provide soap exchange products (biodegradable, no animal testing, water soluble) for laundry and kitchen use. Please, no parties.
Safety Features: Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and basic first aid kits are located on each floor.
If you would like professional cleaning, it’s available at $25 per hour. Ask us for contact information when you book.
We provide toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc. If in doubt, please ask.
Parking: We provide a parking permit which is valid in any of the 4 Village parking lots: opposite the General Store, Dougan’s (east of the General Store, Lower Henry and Upper Henry. We recommend Upper Henry as the most convenient for The Roost. During the 2 week peak Christmas/New Year’s season, please remember that parking is at a premium.
Sauna: The Main Floor sauna is used at the Main Floor renters’ own risk. Please make sure the sauna is turned off after use.
Compliance: The guest agrees to comply with any reasonable instructions requested by the Owners. The guest waives any claim against the Owners for lost, damages, or injury for any reason or by any result of the rendering of any of the services offered.